08 June 2012

Survey of Earned Doctorates

In order to complete my degree, I was asked to fill out the National Science Foundation Survey of Earned Doctorates. It asked me questions about my field, citizenship, time to degree, etc. A small set of the results are plotted at this link (after you click 'next' a couple times you can see the plots). Update: If the link is broken, just google "Survey of Earned Doctorates."

I'm happy that there is so much growth in female science and engineering doctorates! Hopefully that keeps trickling up the food chain.

I would like to see plots about time-to-degree and the type of job taken afterward... It seems there are more and more Ph.D.s for fewer and fewer academic positions. Of course non science and engineering doctorates have been feeling that truth for a long time.

No comments: